Friday 25 January 2013

Media and Kids


TV and children
     I  can name myself a democratic parent. I’m concerned that, unfortunately, it is almost impossible to insulate our children from bad influence of the modern media. It seems to me that depravity, cruelty and cynism have almost enslaved our society. Thus, if a kid is willing to watch at his/her favourite singer, it’s no point forbidding him/her to do this. Much more important is to teach him/her to filter all the information received. There should be precise notions of what is good and what is bad. In this way, even if a child sees some indecency on the stage or somewhere else, he/she will know that such thing are not worth paying attention to them. In addition, I can advise as well to join your children watching the TV show and try to discuss various aspects of the performance, ask them their opinion and check if they take what’s happening on the screen seriously. If not, you have nothing to worry about. That’s my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment